I have worked in many roles within information security, including vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, and performing security assessments in the last 5 years
in the US and overseas. In my latest experience, I have had a opportunity to work in a Digital Forensics role completing end to end investigations
• Work experience in Splunk and ELK Stack for log analysis.
• Experienced in Information Security and Identifying Cyber Threats (tool: Wireshark,TCPDump,Threat Connect).
• Work experience in Cloud Forensics Investigation (tools: AWS SSM, Axiom Cyber, AWS Athena, Cellebrite Cloud Analyzer, XRY Cloud).
• Experienced in Network Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment and Port scanning (tools: NMAP, Nessus and Metasploit).
• Experienced in Agile Software development methodologists and tools (Jira and Pivotal Tracker).
• Experienced in Computer and Mobile Forensics Analysis (tools: EnCase, Axiom, Physical Analyzer, UFED Touch, Logicube Falcon).
• Intermediate level in web development and API testing tools ( HTML5, CSS3, Drupal, WordPress, PostMan and SurveyMonkey).
• Programming Language experience in PowerShell, Shell Scripting and Python Programming.
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Proficient in Windows Server, UNIX and Linux System Administration.
• Experienced in CRM Platform tools such as SaleForce and Monday.com.
• Experienced in creating dashboard and generating reports using Tableau and in ML modeling using TensorFlow.
• Experienced in IT Security compliance in infrastructure, applications, and database system technologies.
• Experienced in VMware Horizon maintenances and VDI Technologies
Morgan and Associates – Startup Austin,TX
Technology Consultant (Part-Time)
August 2020 – Present
• Performed malware analysis on Capital City Black Film Festival (CCBF)Website and removed the backdoor.
• Redesigned and developed the Capital City Black Film Festival (CCBF) (Adobe XD and WordPress).
• Worked with stakeholders for developing marketing strategies for Morgan and Associates.
• Developed Search Engine Optimization and digital marketing strategies for reaching out potential clients for CCBF
• Removed WordPress malware on Claire Skies Travel and assisted on up and running the website
Deloitte Financial Advisory – Chicago, IL
Digital Forensics Consultant
October 2019 – July 2020
• Performed forensics imaging on iOS and Android mobile phones for evidence preservation and investigations (UFED4PC, XRY and EnCase).
• Successfully transferred and monitored over 40Tb of data on AWS S3 buckets for a cloud forensics project.
• Assisted on gathering system recruitments on client projects and delivered system recruitment documentation.
• Innovated two machines for remote mobile acquisition during the COVID19 pandemic that lead to mobile acquisition projects.
• Delivered risk assessments, audited system logs and developed technology recommendations to assist clients to reach their business objectives.
• Assist on designing, writing and preparing client project proposal documentation, presentation a user’s guides (SOP)
Bentley University CIS Sandbox – Waltham, MA
CIS Sandbox Tutor (Research Assistance)
August 2018 – May 2019
• Redesigned the CIS Sandbox website for the Bentley University CIS Sandbox and implemented a new fresh look for the website.
• Tutored freshman and senior class students with their HTML, CSS and JAVA courses.
• Coordinated technology events and tech career events organized at the CIS Sandbox
Epsilon Crest (Startup) Colombo,Sri Lanka
IT Security Consultant
January 2018 – June 2018
• Upgraded Wi-Fi/network diagrams for five corporate environments.
• Trained six interns in Analyzing Network traffics and Network Penetration testing (Wireshark and Metasploit).
• Ran Firewall penetrations tastings in two corporate environments to improved firewall security (Nessus and Metasploit).
• Worked with Android Development team and designed the ChatMall App (Agile Methodologies)
Huston-Tillotson University-IT Austin, TX
January 2017 – August 2017
• Developed a new user interface (UI) for my.htu.edu and improved the user experience (CSS, JS and HTML).
• Enhanced Group Policy and Domain controllers’ security in order to improve Active Directory Security.
• Ensured the on premised systems are compliance to policies and system the security standards are enforced.
• Built MBA and Office of International Programs (OIP) websites and conducted vulnerability assessment for the Huston-Tillotson University.
• Maintained strong and effective working relationships with peers throughout the organization and with multiple levels of management
American International Group Fort Worth, TX
Cognitive Solutions Intern
June 2016 – August 2016
• Implemented the 1st Ready for Business Check automation for Courion Servers and expedited password rest time.
• Innovated a machine learning automation to check the health on Courion servers and takes corrective actions when necessary.
• Internship project led to savings up to $45,000 per year on Engineers side and about $60,000 on end-users side.
• Supported the communication and reporting on Service Now tickets to IT management and governance groups.
• Provided support to executing Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA’s) and own the process prioritization methodology
Teacher Retirement System of Texas Austin, TX
January 2016 – May 2016
• Assisted with migrating TRS website into Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Azure Cloud.
• Created a risk assessment documentation for TRS website in order to enhance website security.
• Designed posters for TRS Help Desk Awareness project to improve their customer service.
• Coordinating business unit projects and activities related to third party relationships, information security and technology
Skill Point Alliance Austin, TX
November 2014 – May 2015
• Managed a team of 15 high school students that created a mobile application that helps blind people to walk.
• Programmed sites visit and guest speakers for the team that improved students’ knowledge in software development.
• Built a team of 15 high school students into a fully functional startup company.
Health4Life StartUp Austin, TX
IT Security Analyst
May 2014 – August 2014
• Developed and implemented risk management strategies to control risk-related costs
• Served as a team lead to identify vulnerabilities in physical security in 7 business environments & improved security
• Worked with 4 engineering teams on launching the website and presented the business platform to potential clients.
• Created the website security documentation and improved web site security that lead to savings of $20,000.
• Worked with network teams and analyzed network traffic for incident reporting in banking environments (Wireshark).
Ernst &Young LLP Colombo, Sri Lanka
IT Risk Assurance Consultant
March 2013 – December 2013
• Assisted on analyzing vulnerabilities internal network diagrams and systems for 4 major banks in Sri Lanka
• Identified vulnerabilities in Windows & UNIX operating systems and documented them to improve business security.
• Worked with senior consultants in executing case studies and created presentations on bank audits.
• Executed scripts in various IBM AS400 & Windows Server operating systems to improve the functionality in systems.
• MSc in Information Technology focuses on Cyber Security
• BSc in Computer Science Huston-Tillotson University May 2017
• BSc in Business Administration in IT May 2013
• Network Security Certifications: Certified Ethical Hacker C|EH v6 (312-50 v6)
• Magnet : Reverse Engineering for Android Users